This Used To Be My Playground...







This week Independent Fashion Bloggers project is to show off your childhood fashion sense.


Honestly, I wasn’t the most stylishly well dressed kid or someone who wore trendy outfits. But, I loved to play dress-up. I would wear my mom's bangles and run around the house. Or take one of her dupatta's (Indian stole) and style it like a saree.




Looking at these photos made me realize that my love for all things fashion started at an early age. And some of my earliest fashion and styling lessons I learnt are from those good old days.(I can't believe I just used that phrase!!!)



 Even though blue is my fave colour, I learnt  that red or shades of red suits me the best. Not only do I look and feel great in it, but I also photograph amazingly well in red.




[First from left is me]
Dressed as a traditional Hyderabadi bride for my school's 'Brides of India' pageant.





 From a young age I learnt to give ‘the pose’. You know, the one that captures your best profile shot and hides all the flaws!





Celebrating my younger brother's first birthday. I miss kiddie birthday parties. The cake, the games, the fun. They were the best.




I learnt to accessorize even before I learnt to walk. A true fashion lover, ain't I? I am totally rocking my grandmother's necklace.







Even as I kid, I knew how to use food as a prop for a photo and never be caught with your mouth full.





Someone once said, "Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons." And looking at these photos I couldn't agree more.


 We can't reclaim our childhood, but we can revisit them time and again. And I had a wonderful time walking down my memory lane.






What are your fave childhood memory? Like me, did you as well play dress-up with your mom's things? Do share your chilhood stories with me in the comment section.






Till then, tra-la,
 
Amena!!



 Connect With Fashionopolis on FacebookTwitterPinterest, Bloglovin' & Subscribe
email me- 
a.fashionopolis@gmail.com













0 comments:

Post a Comment